Ten things you didn’t know about Stirling Netball Club, which we think are worthy of a Netball Scotland Award for 2016/17.
1. We have 75 members including a junior, adult Bounce Back to Netball and competitive league section.
2. We are a charitable club raising funds regularly for Comic Relief, Sport Relief and Breast Cancer Care.
3. We have played netball with American Footballers and Basketballers. Why? Because why not it’s great fun.
4. We believe in growing and inspiring our members through club trips to see the Sirens and Stirling University play.
5. In our junior section we encourage parent participation with play with your parent/care giver sessions.
6. We love to get into the spirit at festivals with our players dressing up in Santa, Snowmen, Hawaiian Hula and The Incredibles costumes at BBN festivals.
7. Our club is run entirely by volunteers, women who have families, careers and university commitments. The clubs Chairwoman was just one of just 3 individuals recognised within the Sports Awards at the Stirling Provost Awards in 2016 for her contribution to netball within Stirling.
8. We achieved the Netball Scotland Bronze Thistle mark and won the 2015/16 BBN club of the year.
9. We give back to our community through the delivering netball sessions at Cornton Vale a women’s prison and schools.
10. We believe that all girls can. We are introducing walking netball and planning is underway to provide netball sessions to children with learning difficulties at a local residential school.
Nominations for Netball Scotland’s Awards recognising outstanding achievements in Scottish netball during the 2016/17 season closes on Friday 5th May. What do you think are we worthy of an award? Please nominate us in the following categories at http://www.netballscotland.com/NSAwards2017.
1. Bounce Back to Netball Club of the Year 2. Junior Club of the Year 3. Senior Club of the Year
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!